Joy of Art
Two days of great fun as we play, move and push watercolour into delightful artistic experiences.
September 20 -21st, 2012
Water colour painting is my passion. I taught myself to paint, or more accurately, life taught me to paint. The way we learn to approach our creativity in art, can become a new way of finding how we can best approach our life journey – with greater confidence, originality and delight.
If you are ready to re-experience the joy of water colour, stretch the boundaries of your creativity, and embrace the serendipity of flow, then this workshop is for you, (regardless of the level of your accomplishment).
More detailed information about the workshop and materials list at joytruscott.co.za or you may contact Joy at email@example.com or 079 180 7639. As there will be limited space participants will need to reserve their place with payment made in full at the time of booking and this will not be refundable. Price to be determined by the number of participants. Groups of less than 6 = R700 Groups 6 – 10 = R650 Groups 11 – 15 = R600
The creative journey parallels our walk on earth and as we connect with this rhythm and flow, so we transform in wondrous ways.
- Tubes of water colour paint as we need to make wells of colour for pouring. Small paper / plastic cups for many colours
- Colours: Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow, Raw Sienna, Rose Madder / Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red, Burnt Sienna, Prussian Blue, Cerulean Blue, Cobalt Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Sap Green, Hookers Green, Cadmium Orange.
- Tube of white acrylic paint, or the white they give in cheaper tube tray sets
- Water colour inks or acrylic inks in bright colours
- Gum Arabic
- White tissue paper, cling wrap, scissors, paper towel
- Water containers
- Flat and round brushes in various sizes
- Spray bottle
- Water colour paper 300g weight at least, in various sizes
I will bring the black boards for those who would like to try this way of NOT stretching and working with their creation. These cost about R15 to R30, depending on the size.
I no longer stretch paper with tape and all the other fussy stuff.
click on this link for more details of water colour supplies http://joytruscott.co.za/category/supplies/
We will begin our day at 9:00 am and break for tea at 11:00, lunch (self-provided) from 1:00 to 2:00 and paint until about 4:00 each day, with another tea break in the afternoon.
I look forward to painting with you.
Thank you to Karin for being the liaison person for setting this event in place.